Wish You a Happy May Day- 2016
PAN card is one of the important identity card used for identification of person, company, firm and etc., It is required in construction industry during screening process for workmen and company. How to read PAN Card, Each letter and number is having some identification. Let us see about PAN card.
PAN is a 10 digit alpha numeric number, where the first 5 characters are letters, the next 4 numbers and the last one is a letter again. These 10 characters can be divided in to five parts as can be seen above. The meaning of each number has been explained further.
1. First three characters are alphabetic series running from AAA to ZZZ
2. Fourth character of PAN represents the status of the PAN holder.
• C — Company
• P — Person
• H — HUF(Hindu Undivided Family)
• F — Firm
• A — Association of Persons (AOP)
• T — AOP (Trust)
• B — Body of Individuals (BOI)
• L — Local Authority
• J — Artificial Juridical Person
• G — Government
3. Fifth character represents first character of the PAN holder’s last name/surname.
4. Next four characters are sequential number running from 0001 to 9999.
5. Last character in the PAN is an alphabetic check digit.